- Lasts the whole 2014 year, from 1st January to 31st December 2014. You can join the challenge until 1st December 2014.
- Books eligible for the challenge: fiction books over 200 pages written by an author whose books you haven’t read yet. Comics, anthologies, non-fiction, re-reads etc. can’t be part of challenge.
- Only 1st book from the series counts.
- There are levels of the challenge: Easy : 1-15 books, Middle : 15-30 books, Hard: 30-50 books, Maniac : > 50 books.
- There is a bimonthly giveaway.
I decided to enter the middle level with 15 to 30 books.
- Zaremba, or Love and the Rule of Law by Michelle Granas. Romance & politics in Poland.
- Heartland by Jann Turner. Romance & crime in South African Republic.
- Z Elwirą u wód by Miroslav Kapek. Guy running away from the fiancee to sanatorium. A satire on Czech.
- Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon. 1st volume of Vatta’s War. A YA set in space.
- John Dies at the End by David Wong. Supernatural crap.
- Józef Mak by Jozef Ciger Hronsky. Life of one of the Slovak countrymen set in 19th century.
- Turbulence by Samit Basu. Accidental superheroes. In India.
- Nomen Omen by Marta Kisiel. Urban fantasy in Wrocław, Poland.
- The Yacoubian Building by Alaa Al Aswany. A story of people in 1990 Cairo.
- Kaktus na parapecie by Magdalena Zarębska. A time travel book for children.
- Outlander (volume 1) by Diane Gabaldon. Time travel historical romance.
- The Egyptian by Mika Waltari. Historical fiction set in ancient Egypt.
Books read so far: 12/15-30.