This won’t be about my May 2014 without USA and UK challenge. Here I will write the rules for next editions of my around the world challenges: A to Z 2014 World Books Challenge (May) and 2014 World Culture Challenge (May and June 2014).
A to Z 2014 World Books Challenge
Two basic books should be from two different countries. One of the books should be based on or inspired by facts/real event. Alternative history and biography is ok too.
- Haiti (Haïti/Ayiti)
- Armenia (Հայաստան – Hayastan)
- Croatia (Hrvatska)
- Iran (ایران)
- Iceland (Ísland)
Read one book by writer from following countries:
- South Korea (한국 – Hanguk)
- Ethiopia (ኢትዮጵያ – Ītyōṗṗyā)
2014 World Culture Challenge
May and June 2014
The region for the the third part of the 2014 World Culture Challenge is Asia.
- The author/director/artist etc. should be from Asia. Born and raised there, preferably living there. No Asian American from USA etc. If you’re from Asia, learn about other countries. Your own country was a theme for the January and February 2014 World Culture Challenge, which you can still join and do.
- You have to participate in any 2 of these activities that are related to the bimonthly topic:
- read a book, watch a film, theatre play or go to the exhibition related to the topic of foreigners in selected Asian country. It can be in the past (not any longer) or current.
- learn to play a traditional game from selected Asian country.
- learn to sing (karaoke) a NEW modern song from selected Asian country.
- write a poem based on/inspired by traditional poetry from selected Asian country.
- take a photo in your hometown/country related to Asian culture. If you live in Asia it can’t relate to the culture of your country.
- Write a post recommending an Asian author/book, singer/band/orchestra or other artists. Try choosing something that might be available from abroad.
- Have fun! 😉
Do you have any recommendations for either challenge?