A to Z 2014 World Books Challenge
Welcome to the world of literature! This 2014 reading challenge will literary take you around the world. Books written by people of different cultures, in different languages, set in various places across the Earth… A whole new world will open before you. You can look for new books to read by yourself, but I or (hopefully) the other readers will also provide you with inspirations.
Who can participate? Everybody. You can even participate as a group.
- It starts on 1st January 2014 and finishes on 31st December 2014.
- You can join any time and pick up the challenge at any point.
- On 1st day of every month there will be a post about this month’s challenge.
- Every challenge consist of 2 obligatory tasks and one bonus.
- To clear the monthly challenge you have to fulfil only the obligatory tasks.
- To clear the yearly challenge you need to read at least 24 obligatory books from all the monthly challenges.
- Clearing the monthly challenge means you’ll have 4 points.
- Every book for bonus task is worth 1 point.
- To get the points you need to notify me of your success (until 31 December 2014). Please post under the monthly challenge topic a link to blog post/review link (on sites like Booklikes, Goodreads) or if you don’t have any, write a comment with following information.
- Review has to be in English, no matter the language of the book.
- You need to write basic information about the book: title (original included), author, country, genre and topic; review of book (at least 3 sentences)/
- Post or shelf must have a tag of “A to Z 2014 World Books Challenge”. If you have a blog, use it as a post tag. If you use books-related social site/catalogue (Goodreads, Booklikes, etc.) make a shelf with this tag and add the books you’ve read.
- You can’t re-read books.
- You can use the books you’re reading for other challenges.
- You can’t use a book/review you did before the challenge for a given month was announced.
- You decide on the books you read. For obligatory task any genre is ok.
Will you be in TOP 10? Check it out. Write a comment with your name, blog/site profile (if any) and which country you’re from.
- January 2014 challenge.
- February 2014 challenge.
- March 2014 challenge.
- April 2014 challenge.
- May 2014 challenge.
- June 2014 challenge.
- July & August 2014 challenge.